Sunday 15 April 2012

Digital Sketch: Woman Portrait 1


One more sketch. This one took around 7 hours to make. To be honest, it is not what I had in mind when I started. It was going to be another portrait for the Warrior Portrait series, but somewhere along the way it turned into this. As the other sketches, I started by measuring the different body elements against some reference photos before I started working on the face and filling the image with grey scale. I used a few layers, one for the body and a couple of others for the different clothes. Last, I used a few layers set to Overlay for all the lace parts on her clothes. As a finishing touches, one layer was used for the strongest highlights (set to Soft Light and using the soft round brush). The background is not my own. I just saw it when searching for reference material and thought it would look good. I adjusted the patterns to follow more or less the figure. I like the fact that she is a bit lost in the background. I think I am going to use that pattern for my next figure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment