Saturday 5 May 2012

Digital Sketch: Knight's Battle

Here is another quick painting using shapes. I choose two knights, a fallen one and one standing over him ready to deliver the final blow. Again, my main focus with this is to simply play and use shapes to make the image look more interesting. I have done a few more shapes, so now I have a big collection of them. I am not focusing too much on anything else. Below you can see the image at different stages of the process. In the first one, only rough values are set, and all the elements established. In the second one I started to lay lots of shapes a bit everywhere. In the third one I started with the basic colour, which is later altered with hues layers. And finally the fourth one shows the final image except for the final touch of blurring the knight which is standing over the fallen one with the sword. I think it gives it more depth if he is blurred. 

No comments:

Post a Comment